We take the security of your personal information very seriously.
When you place an order online with us your contact details are taken and securely transmitted to Sage Pay, who are our Secure E-commerce Payment Provider where you then enter your credit card details.
We have chosen to utilise Sage Pay and Paypal for all of our online transactions.
Sage Pay is the UK's fastest growing payment gateway & are one of UK 's largest Payment Service Providers. They provide secure online credit card and debit card payment solutions for thousands of online and mail order businesses across the UK. Sage Pay have achieved the highest level of compliance under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). This means they adhere to the most stringent levels of fraud screening, ensuring that your details remain secure throughout the transaction process.
To read more about Sage Pay before you order from us, please click here
As a company we also comply with the highest security standards and we are PCI DSS compliant.
View our Trustwave certificate
Your credit and debit card details are not stored on our system and our staff can only see the last four digits of your card. Your details are held by our bank and they are fully compliant with the PCI Credit Card Security standard. If you phone or post through your credit card details, we will not hold those on file and any record will be securely shredded after the transaction is complete.
We are also set up with 3-D Secure™, this is the new security standard developed by Visa and MasterCard designed to combat online credit card fraud. Cardholders who have registered for Verify by Visa® or MasterCard SecureCode® can use their password to validate their identity whenever they make a purchase on a participating site. We are already set up with 3D Secure.
You also have the option to pay for your order via Paypal. In this case you will be redirected to Paypal via a secure connection, and once the transaction has been completed you will be returned to our website where we will complete your order in the usual manner. We are a Paypal Verified Seller.
Isell Ltd own the Lifeandhome Website. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulations the data controller is Isell Ltd, Unit 5, Penrose House, Treleigh Ind Est, Redruth, TR16 4DE.
Information we may collect from you
When you provide personally identifiable information to Isell Ltd, we may use it to provide you with ongoing information about Isell Ltd's products and services. Isell Ltd will not rent, sell or lease this personally identifiable information to other companies or individuals. You have a right to access, rectify, modify and delete any data referring to you. In order to exercise this right please contact us immediately. Tel: 01326 371480
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.hydrospares.co.uk (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers. IP addresses and cookies.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Protecting your personal data
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure.
We have implemented technical and organisational security measures required to safeguard your information and minimise the risk of loss, misuse or unauthorised processing of the information we hold.
We keep your information no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Where we store your personal data
[All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Passing on your orders to your chosen life and home partner(s) so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer information.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Planning and managing Hydrospares.co.uk’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, product and style preferences.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by email post or telephone.
[We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Isell Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
GDPR gives you the following rights:
- The right to be informed: To know how your information will be held and used.
- The right of access: To see my records of your personal information, so you know what is held about you and can verify it.
- The right to rectification: To tell me to make changes to your personal information if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- The right to erasure (also called “the right to be forgotten”): For you to request I erase any information I hold about you.
- The right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right to request limits on how I use your personal information
- The right to data portability: Under certain circumstances you can request a copy of personal information held electronically so you can reuse it in other systems.
- The right to object: To be able to tell me that you don’t want me to use certain parts of your information, or only to use it for certain purposes.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling.
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office:
To be able to complain to the ICO if you feel your details are not correct, if they are not being used in a way that you have given permission for, or if they are being stored when they don’t have to be.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Rosie@isell-ltd.co.uk or telephoning 01326 371480
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated
5 Penrose House
Treleigh Ind Est